Saturday, March 10, 2012

Peyton Manning

I’m not sure how many of you are into football, let alone sports in general, but I think this has been an historic week for the sport of football. On Wednesday the Indianapolis Colts released 4-time MVP Peyton Manning on the eve of when Peyton was due a $28 million bonus. I didn’t get to watch the press conference on TV but I did listen to it live on the radio and I would be lying if I told you that I did not tear up listening to his farewell to the Colts organization and Colts fans everywhere. It almost goes without saying that it was a really emotional press conference that followed his 14 year stint in Indy.  Regardless of how I feel about Indy letting him go, I’m really looking forward to this next week when a lot of teams are set to make their case to acquire Manning. There’s been a ton of speculation about where he might end up but if I had to pick three places I would like to see him end up, I would say Denver, Arizona, or Miami. Here’s why.

Denver: Having just moved here from Colorado where I did my undergrad, I would be lying if didn’t admit that I have developed a soft spot for the Denver Broncos in my time up there. I really like to see them win because when they win all my good friends are happy, and when they lose all my friends hate everything in life. In my opinion, with Denver’s defense already dominant, Peyton would turn Denver into an AFC powerhouse. Even though I am a HUGE fan of Tim Tebow and I appreciated everything he did this year, I think he belongs in Jacksonville.

Arizona: Three words- We Live Here! Bring him here to Larry Fitzgerald and Early Doucet.

Miami: The only reason I have Miami on here is because my good buddy is a really big fan of the Dolphins. He is really, really mean when the Dolphins lose, which, in recent years has pretty much been all the time, so I know it would put him in a good mood for life if Peyton were to take his talents to South Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment